Fabricator/welder – Robotic Automation
Geku Automation are a UK based robotics integrator, manufacturing turnkey automation solutions, based in Rochester, Kent.
A challenging opportunity has become available for a highly motivated fabricator/welder to join our team. The position is full time, permanent & will offer a competitive salary, contributary pension scheme & discretionary bonus.
As a fabricator/welder you will play a vital role within the company. The following list states the most critical aspects but is not exhaustive. The ideal candidate will have to:
- Fabricate & weld complicated and accurate structures such as robot plinths, highly accurate frames for automation systems, conveyors and more.
- Be able to MIG and TIG weld to a high standard, both stainless and mild steel.
- Work closely with the production manager to prioritise work and make sure deadlines are met.
- Have a valid forklift licence or be willing to attend forklift training to achieve one.
- Prepare finished items for paint/powder coating.
- Help the fitters assembling the final product to ensure they fit.
- Constantly improve in-house processes to maximize efficiency.
- Go on site every now and then as needed. This could be for:
- Site surveys
- Mentor junior staff members.
- Be willing to work overtime as & when required.
Attributes an ideal candidate will need to have:
- Ability to demonstrate suitable qualifications as a fabricator/welder & almost certainly will have completed an apprenticeship or equivalent training or alternatively be able to demonstrate matching experience.
- Will be multi-skilled and works well in a team as well as individually.
- A person that can multitask, work under pressure and quickly adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative & inventiveness.
- Take pride in producing high quality work.
Preferred software knowledge and other skills:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PPT
- Being able to understand engineering drawings and work with 3D software to view design models
- Great people skills
- Highly organised
Please send applications to: email@example.com including a CV and a cover letter.