Mechanical Detailer/ Drafts Person Required
An exciting opportunity to join the Geku Design Team has become available.
Geku are a leading robotics and automation systems builder and we are looking for a highly motivated and dependable mechanical detailer. Someone with a highly logical mindset and ability to consider practicalities would be most suited.
The role will involve:
• Production of mechanical detail drawings from 3D assembly models of bespoke automation systems, providing all the information required to allow manufacturing of CNC machined parts or fabrications either in house or by our subcontractors.
• Compiling parts list for ordering and spares.
• Maintaining drawing issue records.
• Modifying and updating existing 3D designs and detail drawings to ensure current issued drawings are kept up to date and record the latest design changes.
• Production of general assembly drawings and checking for any assembly errors.
• Ensuring all drawings cross reference and have traceability.
The position is office based, full time with over-time available when required. Ultimately over the long term, as the successful candidate progressed into the role, we would look for them to gradually advance into a designer role working independently to produce bespoke machine designs as a path for career progression. Experience with AutoCad Inventor design software or other 2D or 3D mechanical design packages is highly desirable however, this may not be essential for exceptional candidates able to demonstrate some relevant experience.
The ideal candidate:
• Ideally would either have recently completed a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship or relevant degree course.
• Will be Self-motivated and able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative.
• Be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
• Will be a logical thinker with a practical mindset.
• Be Inventive and able offer constructive input to design projects.
• Be highly competent with a PC.
• Ideally have pre-existing understanding of engineering drawings and mechanical design principles.
• Enjoy working in an office.
• Will need to be a team player and be able to demonstrate good communication skills.
40 hour week plus paid overtime
Dependent upon experience